Pictou County Remedial Services
Dyslexia and ADD Alternatives – Changes for Life
63 Toni Avenue
Boutiliers Point, NS B3Z 1X4
Phone: (902) 826-1512
Email: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Janet Richards
Area Covered: Atlantic Region
Ages Served: 5 years and up, including adults
Fees: Please phone for details
Referral Procedure: Anyone, including self, can refer
- Real Solutions for Reading, Math and Behavior problems.
- Davis Dyslexia Correction® Program – addresses language based learning disabilities including reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Davis Math Mastery™ Program – addresses missing math concepts, basic math skills and basic operations, setting the client up for math success.
- Davis Attention Mastery™ Program – addresses problems with focus, attention, organization, time management, impulse control and priority setting.
- Davis™ Reading Program for Young Learners - for children ( ages 5 to 7 years) who may be experiencing challenges in learning to read.
Equal Education Association of Nova Scotia
Phone: +1 (902) 456-8937
- Guidance sharing experiences.
- Tuition Support Program
- Tax credit support
The Reading Key
61 Stellarton Road
New Glasgow, NS B2H1L7
Phone: (902) 752-4337
Fees: $35 per hour
Age: Preschool- Adult
- Reading skill development
- Spelling and comprehension
- Vocabulary development
- JUMP math program
- Multi-sensory approach
- School readiness
- One-to-one tutoring
- Flexible programming
- Positive learning environment
Landmark East School
708 Main Street
Wolfville NS B4P 1G4
Contact: Peter Coll, Headmaster
Phone: (902) 402-1044
Fax: (902) 542-4147
Program Overview: Landmark East School provides comprehensive remedial programming for students (ages 8-19 years) with language and learning differences. Areas addressed include learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder. Landmark East is a boarding and day school with a 3:1 student-teacher ratio. All high school courses meet the academic requirements of the Nova Scotia Public School Program.
Landmark East School is recognized by the Nova Scotia Department of Education as a "Designated Special Education Private School." Tuition support from the Department of Education may be available for Nova Scotia students.
Pictou County Learning Disabilities Resources
LDANS does not support, endorse or recommend any method, treatment, product, remedial centre, program or person for children or adults with a learning disability. It does, however, endeavor to inform in the belief that you have the right to know.